Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fear

    Last night I was so afraid. I'm not entirely sure why. It probably had something to do with raccoons. Here's a little bit of background to that, I know it sounds silly!
     I have always wanted a dog or a cat or some kind of pet. I had a fish for a while, but betas only last so long. For me, having a pet is so comforting. I'm not sure why, but I feel better when I have something to dote on. Last spring, my neighbors decided to get twelve chicks. I thought, "Okay, that's kind of strange, I will probably have no problem not getting attached to these birds." My neighbors, Aimee and Erin, and I watched them grow, and once they were old enough, we decided to catch one. That was interesting to say the least! Since then, we have named all twelve, fattened them up on all the food the begged off of us, (yes, hens beg. Really well!!) and cuddled and loved them. Silver is our favorite, she's a dwarf hen, and she has extra toes, and a bad wing. She's so mellow and sweet! So much for not growing attached!! We lost Roxy a while ago to a disease, and we found Flopsy dead in the coop. Flopsy's death was really sad, but not as sad as what happened a couple nights ago. On Saturday night, a raccoon dug into the coop, and ate Annabelle, Maple, and Silver. Erin was rather graphic in explaining what the raccoon did to Annabelle and Maple. It's too disgusting to tell you. Needless to say, we were all sad and rattled at the loss of our babies. There is now seven left. I officially hate raccoons, and am rather scared of them.
    Anyway, my babies being gone, (especially Silver) hormones, and a few other things made me very scared last night. When I climbed into bed and started my Bible reading, I opened to the first page. I had never read it before. It said, "Places to go if you're struggling with..." and the first thing listed was Fear. Rather stunned, I flipped to the first reference in Psalms. It was amazing. The very first passage said "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?". As soon as I read that, I smiled,... and then started to cry. I could feel God cradling me. If you're ever scared of something, read Psalm 27:1.

Love,
 Grace <3

P.S. The chickens left, if I can remember correctly, (My neighbors change the names all the time.) are: (Black chickens) Hawksy, Birchwood, Allison, (Red chickens) Melba Jane, (I call her my chicken because I named her, and she flies over the fence at least once a week into our yard.) and three birds who never really had names because those three we can't really tell apart unless you look at what color their eyes are. Confusing, I know.

Sorry if this post doesn't really make sense- I kinda just threw it together because I needed to get it out.

6 comments:

  1. I love my God's Not Dead!! Nice blog!! If you could, can you please follow mine?! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was just another coon raid about a minute ago. All the chickens are fine though. Kind of scary, hearing a gunshot this late so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that's so awful! :( I hate raccoons too, they are awful animals. Such pests. And I know it's easy to get attached to animals and birds, especially when you're with them from when they're babies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's tough. And there are now three less raccoons in the world, too! :o

      Delete
  4. Liked this post and I awarded you over here: http://chasitysherellephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete