Friday, March 16, 2012

Being Content

    Some of my friends recently got back from a missions trip to Cameroon, Africa. I really wanted to go, but I have a severe peanut allergy, so I couldn't. I was really angry at first. Then somewhat jealous. It wasn't fair that my friends could go and not me... Was it?? I wanted to help the Churches there. I wanted to do my part. I also wanted to see Janet, my friend who lives there, and who I'll probably never see again. It would've been fun! I'd get to be with friends, see new places, and help out! But my Doctor has told me I will never be able to go to Africa or Asia. Peanuts are too common there.
     Now everyone is back, and I've mostly gotten over it. Yeah, I'm still a little sad that I missed out, but it turns out while everyone was gone, I was needed at home. If I had gone on the missions trip, I wouldn't have been here when I was needed.
    It just goes to show you that God has a reason for everything, even if we don't know what it is. We might never know, but that's okay. I have no idea why God gave me a peanut allergy. I mean, how could anything good come out of that, right? I don't know. But I do know that God has a plan for each and every one of us. :)

Love,
Grace <3

No comments:

Post a Comment