Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Physical Beauty vs. Inner Beauty

   
    I think we can all agree that when someone tells us we're beautiful, it absolutely makes our day. This warm feeling spreads all through our bodies. It starts in my nose, and goes to my toes, wherever it goes, the feeling shows,... Just kidding. :D But when someone tells us we have inner beauty, we don't always react the same way. We smile and nod politely, thanking the person, and return the compliment. Why don't we react more to this? Our inner beauty is so much more important, especially to God. I admit, I often wish I were taller, skinnier, and had more voluminous hair, instead of being happy with my body and more importantly, happy with my personality, and my love for Christ. After all, that's how Jesus sees us.

    God doesn't care whether we're fat, skinny, wear glasses, or have long thick hair. He loves us for who we are, not what we are. Some of you might be thinking, 'Okay, so God loves me. I already know that. But what about here and now? What about the kids at school or the boys on the football team, do they care about me?' I totally understand. I find myself thinking this way ALL THE TIME. In reality, right here, right now, doesn't really matter. God says our lives are like a vapor. It doesn't last long at all. What really matters is AFTER this world- when we die. Then what we looked like and what we did on earth won't matter. No one will remember. We need to focus on our inner beauty vs. our physical beauty, because someday when we stand before God, He'll look at our inner beauty, how much we loved Him, what we did for Him, and either invite us in, or send us away.

    Let's all focus on our inner beauty, so we can be a light in this world for Christ!

Love, Grace <3

3 comments:

  1. Ahem... where's the next post? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you, it's coming!! I didn't say when though... ;)

      Delete
    2. There you go. I posted the post. (haha)

      Delete